Get the Look of a Backsplash without the Fuss with Peel and Stick Vinyl Tiles
They’re not just for the backsplash in your kitchen, and you don’t have to be a contractor to use them! Peel and stick vinyl tiles are self-adhesive and can be used in all kinds of places around your home or office, including bathroom and shower walls, in the kitchen or laundry room, or even as decorative accents on your desk or dresser. They’re also incredibly easy to use — just peel off the backing, stick them to the wall where you want them, and add grout or adhesive caulk where needed.
The many benefits of peel and stick vinyl tiles
Peel and stick vinyl tiles are self-adhesive, with PU glue on top and backed with strong adhesive, people also call them self-adhesive wall tiles or mosaic tile stickers. They are the easiest, fastest, and most affordable way to tile a surface or create a quick mosaic backsplash. These peel and stick vinyl tiles are durable enough for any surface in your kitchen (with the exception of surfaces that come into direct contact with open flame) – countertops, backsplashes, cabinets. Just peel off one sheet at a time to get exactly what you need!
The best part is that no grout is needed; grout lines can be messy to clean up afterward. With these vinyl tiles, cleanup is a breeze since there’s nothing to wipe away or scrub out.
One thing to note: If you’re looking for this peel and stick vinyl tiles in colors other than white, it’s not as easy to find them because they aren’t as readily available from retailers. However, if you search peel and stick wallpaper instead of peel and stick vinyl, you’ll find plenty of options.
How to install peel and stick vinyl tiles
Peel and stick vinyl tiles are self-adhesive, with PU glue on top and backed with strong adhesive, people also call them self-adhesive wall tiles or mosaic tile stickers. They are the easiest, fastest, and most affordable way to tile a surface or create a quick mosaic backsplash.
- Start by cutting your design out of paper. Trace around it onto your peel and stick vinyl tiles using an x-acto knife. Make sure you leave about 1/4 between each tile in your design for grout lines.
- Carefully cut out each individual tile with an X-acto knife.
- Next apply one sheet of peel and stick vinyl tiles to your surface in the pattern that you just created – don’t forget to have some overlap at all corners!
- Press down firmly on all surfaces until every tile has adhered.
- Let dry before proceeding!
Tips for creating a unique backsplash with peel and stick vinyl tiles
Peel and stick vinyl tiles are an easy way to create a backsplash that is custom to your home or commercial space. They come in an array of colors, shapes, and sizes, making it possible to find something perfect for any space. Use them as they are or combine them with other materials like ceramic tile or wood. Here are some tips on how to create your own peel-and-stick backsplash:
- Measure your wall space before you buy any tiles. The first step in creating a beautiful backsplash with peel and stick tiles is measuring the area you want to cover. Make sure to measure twice and cut once, so order enough pieces for your project.
- Decide what size tiles will work best for your space. There are various sizes of self-adhesive wall tile, from 4×4 inches up to 12×24 inches squares – so take into consideration what will look best when considering size.
- Find out what color will work best with the rest of your decor or room color scheme. The last step is selecting colors!